Merry Christmas from me to you!
Over the weekend I visited Downtown Detroit to explore their festive holiday market and see all the hustle & bustle in the city. This won’t be a standard long post from PYM today, just me wishing you a happy holiday season. I will be back after the Holiday to bring you brand new content. Stay tuned!
If you are in the Michigan region, you should definitely consider visiting the Campus Martius in Detroit. There is lots to do and it will surely put you in the holiday spirit. I loved visiting the Christmas market, ice skating and warming up in the Cadillac Lodge. Detroit is up and coming, and there is a lot of growth in the city. There are new shops, coffee stops and festivities for all. It was super fun visiting the city right before Christmas!
Warm wishes this holiday season! Enjoy these moments with family and friends, and take time to rebuild your soul. The holiday season brings me so much joy and happiness. My heart is overflowing with happiness these days. I hope you have the best holiday and a fantastic new year.
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays from Pretty, Young & Motivated.
Hello Beautiful Souls,
Christmas is only a couple of days away and you know what that means: LAST MINUTE GIFTS. Here you are getting ready to head out to a holiday gathering, and then you remember you forgot to get the host of the party a gift. What are you going to do?! Fear not, I am here to help you kill the last minute gift game without the gift looking last minute. These gifts are also all under $25!
I will share 3 of my favorite last minute gift ideas below:
- The Chic & Cozy Bundle: This has actually been my go-to gift for the girls in my life. This gift consists of a pair of earrings, fuzzy socks and either a Pura Vida bracelet or lip balm. You can customize this to the person you are giving it to, but these items are super easy to find at any store.
- Coffee Lover: This gift set is easy and perfect for the coffee lovers in your life. Stop at your local coffee shop and pick up a gift card and a cute mug. You could also just buy the gift card; some people find this impersonal but for me, I would adore a simple gift card for coffee because I buy coffee almost everyday.
- The Yummy Bundle: You cannot go wrong with food. Everyone knows the holidays are a time to splurge on our diets! Create your very own bundle of food favorites. Maybe this can include a bag of coffee, holiday treats or a fancy cheese ball. I like giving food as a gift because you know the person will consume it. You don’t have that worry of wondering if they will like it.
Tip: After you pick up all these last minute gifts, the key to making them look stellar is all about how you wrap them. Invest in cute gifting boxes or simply tie the bundle with some fun ribbon.
These gifts are going to save the day and still be wonderful gifts. They are also very versatile gifts that can be customized as needed. Once again, you do not have to spend more than $25 dollars on any of these either. I have been utilizing some of these for my own gift giving, and I just spicing them up a little bit.
Thank you for reading this quick little gift guide. I will be posting another post today as well! The second one is directed toward my fellow college friends. This will probably be my final Christmas related post; therefore, I wish all my readers a wonderful holiday and safe travels. Thank you for always reading PYM.
Happy Holidays to all!
Hello Pretty People,
This is the third and final post in the Single Girls Guide series, and this one is all about you. The holiday season is a time to give back to others, but it is also important to remember to take care of yourself. For a lot of my readers, you probably just finished a long semester and you could really use the “me” time to relax and reconnect. Taking some time to yourself is crucial to your mental and physical health. This post is going to share the best ways to kick back and relax this holiday break because sometimes you just gotta treat yourself!
Here are some great ways to treat yourself this holiday:
- Take a bath: Pick up a bath bomb from LUSH, grab your favorite face mask and some fashion magazines, and take a relaxing hot bath. This will rejuvenate you and your skin! Baths are the perfect way to spend some time alone and truly relax.
- Buy yourself a gift: Now that you are single you won’t have to spend that extra money on a gift for a significant other, so spend it on yourself. Buy yourself a new handbag or maybe that little party dress you have been eyeing; girl you deserve it!
- Get away: Take a small weekend trip to a bed and breakfast or spend the day in the city. Grab a coffee at a cute little downtown shop. Take a stroll through a park. Anything to clear your mind and refresh your inspiration. I will be taking a trip to Chicago with my mom to get out of my normal and make some memories. Being adventurous is always good for the soul.
- Go on a fun date: Now, this series is all about embracing the single life but it might not be a bad idea to go on a date with someone, just for funsies. This can be a long time guy friend or perhaps a new guy you’ve been crushing on. Just take a chance and enjoy the date, nothing has to be too serious.
- Sleep in: Girl, you need this one! Take a Saturday morning to yourself; sleep in, drink some hot tea and catch up on some Netflix. After a long semester or a long day of holiday shopping, you deserve a little splurge.
- Read a book: Now that you’re on break, it is the perfect time to pick up a good book and start reading. I know I can never find time to read during a busy semester, so I like to start a book over the holiday break. Nothing better than curling up with a fuzzy blanket, wearing cozy socks and drinking some coffee.
These are just a few of my favorite things to do when I want to relax and take some time to myself. Once again, the holidays are a great time to give back to others and show your appreciation, but don’t forget to show yourself a little love. Taking care of your mind, body and spirit is all so important to your overall happiness. This will also make others around you happy because you can spread your gratitude and happiness to them.
Here are my book recommendations for you:
Leave Your Mark | You are a Badass | #Girlboss | How to be Parisian Wherever You Are
Check out the last two Single Girls Guides here:
Friends | Family
Thank you so much for checking out this series on PYM, it has been so fun constructing these Single Girls Guides and I might continue the series in the new year. If you have enjoyed reading through these posts, let me know in the comments. I apologize for the late posting time, I have just returned home for the holidays and I am looking forward to spending time with family and friends. I wish all my readers Happy Holidays and safe travels to wherever you are going. Please continue to follow Pretty, Young & Motivated into the new year, and stay on the lookout for new content.
Don’t forget to check out the Holiday Outfit Guide here!
Happy Holidays, beautiful souls.
Hello Lovely Humans,
The holiday season is underway and there is no better way to spend it than with the people you love. For us single folks, the holiday season can be brutal. All these cute couple pictures begin to fill our timelines and this makes being single a little more difficult, or maybe it just makes you gag a little bit. Either way, it’s not fun! I am here to bring you the ultimate guide to surviving the holiday season (aka: cuffing season) and making it the best holiday ever. You don’t need a man to have some holiday fun!
This first post in the Single Girls Guide series will focus on ways to fill your schedule with family. Family is so important and the holiday season is the perfect time to spend time with them. I am going to share a few activities that you can plan with family members to have the best holiday ever!
- Attend a holiday show: During the holiday season, there are multiple holiday shows to attend. Grab your mom, aunt(s) and girl cousin(s), and catch the local nutcracker or holiday symphony. A girls night out with a holiday twist, what’s better? I have already began planning mine!
- Bake some Christmas treats: There is no better way to get in the holiday spirit than by doing some baking. Christmas cookies are a tradition. Turn on some holiday tunes and spend some time with your grandma. Oh, and eat the cookie dough, of course.
- Plan a family dinner: This is a great way to bring the family together and get in the Christmas spirit. Make a traditional family dish and get comfortable!
- Watch a classic Christmas movie: This is one of my favorite things to do with my family over the holiday season. There are so many great Christmas films to watch, how can you just choose one!? Home Alone and How the Grinch stole Christmas has got to be my top two favorites.
- Decorate the Christmas Tree: What is Christmas without decorating the tree? This is another favorite past time of mine. I love to warm up with some hot cocoa, listen to my holiday playlist and spend time with my family.
These are just my favorite traditions to do with my family during the holidays, and especially when you are single, this is the perfect way to fill that void with love. You have family and friends that will fill your heart with so much love and joy, so don’t worry about dating during the holidays. Take this time to truly embrace the people around you and share your time with the ones that matter.
Thank you for reading the first post in the Single Girls Guide to the Holidays. I figured I would start with family because family is so important, especially during the holidays. I am so excited to continue with this series and I hope you will share it with your single girl friends. It can be hard to spend the holidays “alone” but know that you are not alone. Enjoy these moments of being single and embrace the season to its full potential. Check back next week for the second post in this series. Also, check back for the second post in the Holiday Outfit Guide next week!