Hello Happy Souls,
Yesterday was my 21st birthday, and it was such an amazing birthday weekend. I’m so thankful for the people around me and for all the warm regards I received. My heart is so full! I’m looking forward to what this year brings.
I didn’t really have too much time to just sit down and write a post for you all this weekend, but I had to share something with my lovely readers. To celebrate my birthday, I wanted to share a list of self-love tips that I think are super important, even if it’s not your b-day. Birthdays are fun, hey? You get a day of royal treatment and it leaves you feeling great. Why not live everyday feeling like a queen!?
21 ways to show some self-love:
- Smile. It helps, even if you are feeling down.
- Eat well. Fill your body with good energy boosting foods.
- Accept who you are. Don’t try to be anyone else, just love who you are.
- Drink water. Take care of your health + skin with a few cups of H2O.
- Understand you are enough. No matter how others perceive you, you’re amazing.
- Use essential oils. Lavender is my favorite to use for calming.
- Write yourself positive notes. I keep these in my agenda + on my mirror.
- Surround yourself with happy people. Happy people = Positive vibes
- Journal your feelings. Sometimes it feels good to write it out.
- Take a bath. Light a candle + just relax your soul.
- Celebrate small wins. Everything counts, the small wins add up to big wins in the end.
- Be patient. Everything will work out, just wait.
- Do something you love. Spend time on things that bring you joy.
- Exercise. Get active, it helps relieve stress and release endorphins.
- Make time for yourself. It’s important to spend time with yourself.
- Don’t compare. This is a game you’ll never win.
- Buy yourself a fancy drink. A smoothie, a pressed-juice, a latte, anything!
- Find your happy place. A place you can be yourself and clear your head.
- Let go of negativity. It only holds you back from greatness.
- Find something to be grateful for. Everyday.
- Forgive yourself. Don’t hold on to bad feelings, move on.
I hope these small tips remind you that everyday should feel like your birthday. You are amazing and important. Taking care of yourself is imperative to living a happy and healthy life. If you cannot love yourself, it will be hard for others to love you too.
Everyone is different. We see the world differently, we see beauty differently. So, why hold our own standards to those of society? We’re all just making it through our own life, worry less about trying to please others and more about doing things that brings you happiness. People and opportunities will fall into place once you allow yourself to live to your full potential.
It’s a new week to be great. Happy Monday!